Box model photograph

Picture of my box model

When I made my model I wanted it to be a model that would be easy to film, so I designed a rectangular body with only four sides, one of which serves as the ground and the other for setting up the equipment for video recording. And I created two side-by-side windows on the box to simulate the movement of the sun for the shot.

Tools

Tools in the video

This is the equipment I used to shoot the video, two mobile phones, one for shooting and one for lighting, with the sundial chart on the right side of the box. I placed the sundial chart on the right side of the box in order to allow the right hand to control the movement of the artificial sun.

Location of my artificial sun

Location: 56°N

Time: Oct 21, 8am – 4pm

Sun track that I chose

The sun path I have chosen will be longer compared to the other paths. When I tested the paths, I found that this one had the best lighting effects and was also easy to control the movement of the artificial sun.

Light effect video

As can be seen in the video, the light from the window moves from the wall to the ground and finally disappears into the horizon. The shape of these two bright lights from the window is also changing in response to the artificial sun.

Want to continue my journey in week 3?
For more posts on this week, please click here.