I’ve spent the majority of my time staring at pieces of cut cardboard and waiting for something to come. The idea of painting makes me churn and I’d much rather draw or use another medium- But nevertheless I’ve managed to get come cogs going. These are HEAVY works in progress and I most likely will come back to them to make some more editorial decisions.

They are not only experimentations but perhaps expressions of my dissatisfaction , of what I don’t rightly know.

These are physical exaggerations of my frustration in simply not being able to paint. Not being able to execute a vision the way I want it and wanting to only give up. I think perhaps it’s not a desire to put down paint, but to maybe desert my previous methods of thinking and making, maybe they are not methods that suit me anymore. I know I have skill that is refined and I just need to find it again.

Note: somebody please tell me if what I’m writing is too personal for this format, I don’t have many outlets to express how I’m working/feeling.

I’m going to continue making and see where it takes me.