TASK 1: Quiet Space

I found a quiet space in my back yard to do this exercise, I sat down, trying to focus on my  environment, its sounds and movement. I was listening to myself as well, trying to feel how my body relates to my surroundings, how my mind works in this situation. I was trying to find this balance between myself and my environment (harmony?).

• heavy
  • static
  • tingling
  • blurring, fading away
  • tired

TASK 2: Noisy Space

Graphic score (Noisy Space)

Object I collected for Task 2 (working in a restaurant)

I created this score after my shift in a restaurant. This place was too hectic for me, too messy and stressful. I was uncomfortable and tired, always running around, taking orders and running food. I hated that place. I tried to convey all these emotions in this score. At first I drew a plan of this restaurant (table numbers) and then drew over it, showing feelings, movement and emotions.

TASK 3: Trios in Space

Graphic score (Trios in Space)

Three of us created this score after 10 minutes of being blindfolded in the sculpture court. We felt uncomfortable and scared at first, but later we got more loose and enjoyed this interesting experience. We had to trust each other and try to understand how we feel. Later make our scores based on these feelings.

TASK 4: Swarming, Flocking and Elastic Formations

Graphic score (Swarming, Flocking and Elastic Formations)

We created this graphic score while having two groups combined. Each of us did a line on this piece of paper, describing their mood and experience.