Review 2 feedback

Feedback from my presentation two was mainly directed into defining a function of the building in my final project. Now, I’m waiting for some feedback from students I asked to fill in my questionnaire on what they think about a space I want to design for them.

After thinking about it I think I’ll focus on finding more on design of spaces for students and designing around covid safe spaces but mainly I think I’ll devote the space to be a centre that cares for students well-being and mental health especially in a post covid world I think it’s very important now. I mean the design of spaces will derive from biophilic design ethos but the centre itself will be an escape from home for them where they can securely study, socialise, and create a community together.

I’m hoping that through the design and bringing them closer to nature they’ll start to care for environment more. I also want to include a space for workshops on supporting our local environment. But I’m still waiting for students feedback to see if they like my ideas too.

My next things to research will be finding out about covid safe measures in  spaces and also I have found an article based on lots of research on biophilic design in built environment.  In 2014, Terrapin Bright Green published ” 14 patterns of biophilic design”.

← Previous Post

Next Post →

2 Comments

1. Great to see you have a questionnaire running. You might like to ask the student reps to get your questionnaire out there too? Have you targeted this at international students or students who are living nearby at home in Edinburgh? They might have different attitudes? Gill