Studio practice

• This semester I am intending to look at interior spaces, specifically the domestic space. As we are spending much more time at home and within these spaces our relationship with these spaces and how we view them will be changing.
  • I am starting by animating items within my flat, so far drawing on found objects and metal components.
  • While my research intentions are not fixed I will be looking into using metal as a material, how it can be used etc and drawing on other artists as inspiration.
    • I will be continuing to research different forge techniques to improve my skill set when it comes to metal and the gas forge. This will likely be through videos as a primary source of information (i.e. Black Bear Forge on youtube).
    • I intend to learn more ways to bend, stretch and manipulate the material to shape it into my desired outcome.

I would also like to maintain a print making element to my work as this is a process I thoroughly enjoy- the ephemeral nature of prints (they are mass produced with the intention of providing cheap and accessible art for everyone)