How to Submit an OEER Blog Post?
Showcasing Research in Outdoor Environmental Education
1) Research Presentations:
At the conclusion of your dissertation/applied project, you will be invited to present your work to your peers and colleagues (Moray House and other invited guests) on specific days identified in the calendar.
- Presentation: Prepare a 15 minute presentation covering, for example:
- What you did you do?
- What did you learn?
- Recommendations or advice for students currently doing their research.
- Q&A: Prepare for approx. 15 minute of Q&A with the audience.
These presentations will be conducted face to face where possible, and where not, online. They will not be recorded.
2) Outdoor Environmental Education (OEE) Website Blog:
This is an opportunity to showcase your dissertation/applied project research on the OEE blog webpage. The OEE blog is linked to related Instagram, Facebook and Twitter sites (OEE Programmes and Moray House) so it is a great opportunity to share your work with a wide audience. It will also become first point of call for students looking to come onto our programmes and those students on programme who are thinking about their own research.
- Produce a 500-850 word blog covering, for example
- What did you do?
- What did you learn?
- How has your research informed your own personal practice?
- Embedded video summary/podcast (3 minutes max) covering, for example
- Expanding on one or more aspect(s) of your research and how this has impacted your practice
- A short bio (including email address) and head shot photo
- Any images you would like to include (appropriately credited and with permission).
- Any Twitter or Instagram handles and hashtags you would like to add when it is promoted.
Submit your Blog to OEE.Programmes@ed.ac.uk with ‘Student Research Blog YOUR NAME ’ in the Subject Line.
The blogs will then be reviewed by the OEE Student Research Team, and once finalised sent to the Programme Director for a final check and submission for online posting. We will then post these regularly online throughout the year.
In submitting your blog for publication you agree to its use for University of Edinburgh promotional purposes.