Learning Technology Induction Pack
This resource aims to help support new staff to develop a grounding in the sound technical and pedagogical application of centrally supported (and School-specific) learning technology.
It does this by:
- Introducing the University’s centrally supported services
- Highlighting training (and other support) for centrally supported services
- Aligning to underlying strategies, policies and principles
- Linking to allied support
This pack has been created for staff who are new to Edinburgh and assumes no previous knowledge of learning technology or the University. However, it is also useful for staff who are already established at Edinburgh but are looking for an update on what learning technology is supported currently and what training is available.
The pack has been created as a generic resource and also as a customisable version that can be edited by a School, for instance to highlight learning technology in use there or include specific points of contact. The generic version will be updated annually but Schools would be responsible for updating their own customised versions.
- The online teaching environment
- Learning design and creating teaching resources
- Building community online
- Keeping in communication
- Formative assessment & feedback
- Summative assessment & feedback
- CPD & academic development
Access to the resource