The socio-ecology of land use intensification.
I upload some of my talks here.
- Deforestation, Degradation and Regrowth in African Woodlands. Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania, 3 Feb 2020. [pdf]. NB: this is based on the open access paper here: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05386-z
- Satellite Monitoring for Forest Management. Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania, 3 Feb 2020. [pdf]. NB this is a shorter version of the talk below by Sam Bowers.
- Satellite Monitoring for Forest Management. ‘Brown Bag Lunch’ talk by Sam Bowers, World Bank, Washington DC, 30th May 2019. [pdf]
- Social and ecological consequences of land use transitions in African woodlands. University of Manchester, UK, March 2019. [pdf]
- Energy and land use change in African woodlands. Energy@Ed seminar. July 2019
- Burning the miombo: what do long term fire experiments tell us? Savanna Science Network Meeting. 2018.
- The Charcoal “problem” in sub-Saharan Africa. Tropicology Seminar. University of Edinburgh.
- The precocious phenology of African woodlands. Savanna Science Network Meeting. 2017.
- REDD+ baselines: what are the crucial ingredients?
- Woodlands and wellbeing: how are they connected?
Photo by John Godlee.