PhD Internship – Programming Language Engineer
Huawei Technologies is offering outstanding research internship opportunities for PhD students in its Edinburgh Research Centre.
- Research and development of high-performance languages: language design, high-level and low-level compiler optimisations, type systems, code generation.
- Investigating/researching technologies for heterogeneous architectures, AI frameworks, high-performance code generators.
- Benchmarking applications in a reliable and reproducible way on a wide range of hardware; identifying opportunities for compiler optimisations based on the obtained results.
- Close collaboration with China-based teams on development strategies on existing technologies for programming languages, libraries and frameworks.
- Collaboration with academia on programming-language-related topics, transferring results and ideas from academia to industry.
- Strong background in compilers/programming languages/type systems
- Experience with mainstream compilers like LLVM/GCC or with projects of a similar size and scope.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and/or functional languages.
- Some familiarity with parallel and heterogeneous architectures and programming models.
- Publications in peer-reviewed computer science academic conferences/journals.
What We Offer
- Outstanding research and revelopment experience;
- Mentorship from experienced professionals;
- Access to the cutting-edge technologies;
- Opportunity for training and development;
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes;
- Full time or part time, from 3 to 12 months, renewable;
- The possibility of a permanent position after internship.
We Wish You are
- PhD Student/Candidate in Computing Science or related disciplines;
- Good academic background and programming skills, publications in conferences or journals in the related fields (or other evidence of research activity);
- Able to work minimum 15 hours per week;
Right to Work in the UK requirement
All applicants should have the Right to Work in the UK without requirement for work sponsorship.
For further information or to apply contact hiring HR Bo Pang (email@example.com).
Privacy Notice – Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please follow the link below:
Comments are closed
Comments to this thread have been closed by the post author or by an administrator.