PhD Internship – Graph Database Researcher
Huawei Technologies is offering high calibre PhD students the exclusive Graduate and Internship opportunities to gain a valuable experience in its Edinburgh Research Centre.
Huawei is looking for Graph Database Intern Researchers and Engineers in its Edinburgh Research Centre. The team you will be joining is systems focused, so we are looking for research-minded engineers and engineering-minded researchers with a focus on building software to address research challenges. The successful candidates will be able to undertake research and engineering work in designing and implementing a sophisticated graph database management system. We’re looking to recruit people whose skills and interests include other kinds of Database Management Systems, storage engines, indexing engines, distributed computing, and fault-tolerant systems (especially transactional systems). Successful candidates will have good database related research experiences or have participated in the implementation of a database management system or systems of a similar low-level nature. Candidates should have a solid computer science background, be comfortable with research methodology, and have competent programming skills. We are building an expert team for cutting-edge technologies in the Edinburgh Research Centre, therefore good communications skills in English and ambition to deliver outstanding systems research are essential.
- Systems research and empirical science on future graph database management systems.
- Analyse and understand requirements for the next generation of graph storage and query.
- Work to discover key technical building blocks for the next generation of graph database management systems.
- Exploring the latest graph database system frameworks for Huawei/Huawei devices.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Researching/engineering experience in database area.
- Excellent systems programming skills, with C-family languages and willing to adopt new languages to suit the problem domain.
- Ability to pick up and progress new technologies.
- Have an understanding of database internals or good publication record in database related areas.
- Proficient in database theory/graph theory/distributed algorithms
- Proficient in fault-tolerant distributed computing and cloud computing
- Demonstrated open-source projects
- Publications record in world-class Computer Science academic conferences/journals
- Project experience relevant to database (commercial/academic R&D or hobby/university projects)
What We Offer
- Comprehensive Research and Development experience;
- Mentorship from experienced professionals;
- Accessibility to the world’s latest technologies;
- Opportunity for training and development;
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes;
- The possibility of a permanent position after internship.
Right to Work in the UK requirement
All application should have the Right to Work in the UK without requirement for work sponsorship.
For further information or to apply contact Dr. Nikos Ntarmos (email@example.com) or HR: Bo Pang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Privacy Notice – Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please follow the link: https://www.huawei.com/en/privacy-policy