Call for Contributions: Biodiversity Beyond National Jurisdiction
We are seeking short contributions for our upcoming blog series on the Treaty on Biodiversity Beyond National Jurisdiction, finally agreed upon in March 2023. The series will be published in May 2023 and will focus on the legal, environmental, and social implications of the treaty.
We welcome submissions from experts in Environmental, Climate, and Oceans Law, as well as practitioners, researchers, and stakeholders who have a keen interest in the subject matter. We are interested in short pieces (maximum 1500 words) that address the following topics:
- The key provisions of the treaty and their implications for the management and conservation of biodiversity in areas beyond national jurisdiction
- The role of international law in protecting biodiversity in the high seas, deep sea, and other areas beyond national jurisdiction
- The challenges and opportunities of implementing the treaty, including its relationship with other relevant international instruments
- The socio-economic impacts of the treaty on different stakeholders, including indigenous peoples and local communities
- The contribution of science and technology in supporting the implementation of the treaty
We encourage innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to the subject matter and contributions from voices traditionally underrepresented in the field.
Please submit your contributions by 10th May. We look forward to receiving your submissions and contributing to the global discourse on Biodiversity Beyond National Jurisdiction.
For submission format, please review our guidelines.
For inquiries and submissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.