My name is Hallie Sampson. I am currently attending the University of Edinburgh studying Collections and Curation Practices MScR. I have a BA in Anthropology with a minor in Studio Art from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. During my undergraduate, my focus was archaeology, though I also have a love for museums. My current area of research is Mesopotamian archaeology and architecture. I have done previous digs in the southeastern United States on combined colonial to civil war sites. I am interested in the managing and maintaining of collections and the processes that come along with that, as well as the ways we can give the public access to the collections. I want to learn more about the ways that archaeology and museums intersect, and how we can foster these relationships. Eventually, I intend to do a Ph.D. in either archaeology or Mesopotamian studies.

This blog will be used to document my work on the “Engaging with the University’s Skull Collection” project through The University of Edinburgh’s Anatomical Museum. I hope to make valuable contributions to the curatorship of these skulls, and be part of the process that allows them to find their ways back home.