Collective title: 1^25

How working with artists, accessibility, spaces, curatorial methods, relationship between themes and peer conversations from the day, ways of organising together?

My role of collective assessment is to create the map, I have created the six of them included site-specific classmates. Before creating them, it is important to familiar with the route of each building located in ECA. I am bear in mind how to guide audiences to finish their tours, I need to familiar with the route by myself and then create the planer map. Through the process, a learning stepping from three-dimension space to plane space in the brain, which is helpful to improve my spatial capabilities and composition abilities.

A short presentation of workshop with collaboration of artists:

It is a hard work to find the same ideas with other artists, and I am still searching for the similarities with other artists. In the last tutorial with Beth, she mentioned that the artists could be non-artists, which fit with my idea of collection of ‘scores’ as a final publication from publics. At the same time, she suggested me to introduce my research artists demonstrate as a short presentation to the publics.

Kate Hudson

Kate Hudson is my classmate and an creative artist who contributed into open form of texts/languages in art practices. The common sense of out project encountered with how she curate with texts/languages working visually and performortively. Hence, my idea of project is working with music symbols/shifting with symbols/ transformating into visual practices and exploring/playing with found objects. Both of us is attempt to collect the final documentation as a creative publication. Kate’s outcomes of exhition is preparing for collect the means within larger contexts of art and literature.

(Example of visually texts)(Visually texts)

Texts are narratives to tell the stories as a descriptions or expositions indicates to people. Also, symbolism of music is abstract and unique applied to people relates to professional languages. The development of contemporary literature and music has been doing experiments by shifting texts and symbols into images to art practice. Kate is collobarated with other text artists with paper put on the wall.

Wushuang Tong

Wushuang Tong is an artist who completed her PHD degree in University of Edinburgh, she studied cello when she was young, after that she is tried to explored the ideas combine with tradition music symbols and her art practices (Paintings/Watercolor). She studied in Wuhan university for undergraduate years in literature, hence, she made the attempts into interdiscipary practices that she has been narrativing the practices with transformation of music notations on her artworks.

(Chopin Nocturne in C minor, watercolor, 2023)

(Bach Brandenburg Concerto No.2 in F major oil on canvas, 2021)

Wushuang Tong is good at applied a number of experiment art pratices on musical masterpieces. Her form of practices usually are paintings and watercolors on the wall exhibitions.

Spaces/venues: 

The first few weeks I was considered about exhibition venues and went to Embassy gallery, whitespace, and also thought about the open space such as ECA sculpture court or markets. It will be really interesting if the market space executed successfully, it is difficult to doing practical action on market unless fimilar with the environments and target groups of people with enough budgets. Considered with a big amount of budgets, finally I decided work with Ruxue Li as a workshop team will take place in ECA c.02 project space.

The changes of site-specific from open space to a limit project space referring to made changes from exhibition to workshop. A workshop is processing, collecting, interactive and performative. Moreover, there is another reason to collect the final data as a material method for ongoing proposal writings.