Theme: Play

Theories: I chose the theme of the ‘Play’ we studied last semester. Firstly, I am interested in this theme which contributes to multi-culture and cross-knowledge. Secondly, I received one of the comments from peer-review noted to know how after the players complete with varying degrees or people do not take art education, how they bring some interesting debates during the process of playing both theoretical and practical, as a concern as a relational art if the outcomes are different with what I expect, perhaps, could be some critical reflections in the last.

Form: Board game, the materials could be cards, dice, or chess piece. I set up the initial rules, and after more players join in, more rules are an add-in, the rules may not become more complex depending on which player of the moment makes the rules. The player is the ruler, and the ruler is the player.

Content: The content I want to work creatively by playing with cards, and materials. In addition, I plan to make and print some products such as postcards, canvas bags, craft wooden bracelets and necklaces. It is also joyful that people could take some physical gifts after their experiences. (Continuously update)

Inspirations: One example that the Embassy gallery showed in the session:

(Embassy example)

One of the projects that they have completed before, they choose to exchange the themes and asked the questions to audience by the laws of game.

Vision: Considering the shift in the social turn of contemporary art, the ability to engage people with different educational backgrounds or no art education, everyone is equal to participate in the game.

Values: Art is equal to everyone.

Aims: Seeks to make art fairer.

Ethics: Playing and education. The ethics that when I work with other, I intend to engage with the audience fairly, not a down relationship, but everyone engaging has their chance to make the rules, they are both rulers and players.

Intended audiences: Everyone. The relationship I want my audience to engage, respect each other and enjoy the process of the game.

Financial approach: I like to search for an open market which could hire a space or booth.

Curating approach: The approach I take to curatorial project expect to be both theoretical and practical, from a macro view(Play) to a micro view(Play with what kind of aspect, should we playing in education or educate in play?) to engage with the game, thinking and reflecting, sharing and communicating with other during the process, and also practice the doing skill to make the game physically. (Continuously update)