During a discussion with my peers, Xiaodong’s viewpoint really struck a chord with me. He proposed curating an exhibition with the theme of “happiness”. In his curatorial philosophy, he emphasized that each person’s understanding of happiness is unique, and that everyone has different levels of desire for it. For example, for a child, happiness might come from something as simple as a lollipop or a cute Barbie doll, while for a student, it could be the achievement of excellent grades, and for an elderly person, it might be a harmonious family with many descendants.

As a result, I learned that people have diverse conceptions of “happiness”. people’s feelings and emotions towards happiness change as they age.♥

This discussion prompted many thoughts and associations for me, which will prove useful for my own exhibition. Xiaodong and I are both attempting to explore the meaning of life as impacted by “time”. We use this concept as a guiding thread throughout the exhibition.

Consequently, I would like to ask my peers two questions:

1. Do you agree with my interpretation of the “game, time, and humanity” perspective in my exhibition? If not, what are your reservations?
  2. What do you believe constitutes the “utopia” of human existence?