1. After determining the curatorial theme and approach, the choice of artists began to be considered. In the process of searching for artists, I hit a wall. It was not an easy task to find artists who were related to and fit with my own theme. I participated in an art exhibition of my fellow students from the Contemporary Art Practice program at the University of Edinburgh. Their work gave me a variety of perspectives. As curators, it is important for us to understand the artists’ own backgrounds and themes when choosing artists. One-on-one communication with the artist is necessary. At the same time, I actively contact artists around the world through social networks. Of course, it is a process of waiting for the artist to reply. I am both worried and looking forward to it. I hope that next week I will be able to perfect the presentation of the curated artworks.

As the curatorial project continues to improve, I began to think: what is a good curator? According to Liang Kegang (hao et.al, 2011), a famous Chinese conceptual artist, contemporary art curator and architect, “A curator should be very organized.” I agree with this view. Curating is a holistic job. First of all, curators should have solid professional theoretical knowledge and good aesthetic judgment. Secondly, the curator needs to exert “control” over the whole exhibition. Not only do they need to communicate with the artists, but they also need to precisely control every detail. Finally, the curator should have the ability to think independently. Always adhere to their own views and positions. And so on. Of course, to become an excellent curator is a difficult struggle. It is necessary to constantly improve one’s culture and artistic training. Since, curating is the responsibility of promoting the development of art.

2.In addition to the preparation of individual projects. Collective curation is also particularly important in the final presentation. Because it not only represents the reflection of individual curatorial projects, but more importantly, we are a collective. It is 25 cats with strong individual characteristics. Therefore, we discussed the name of the collective curatorial project, the theme, and the publicity release in groups of 25 cats. We meticulously searched for connections between the 25 different curatorial themes, trying to find a bond that would make each project intersect. However, during the discussion, we had differences. For example, it was difficult to agree on the choice of a collective curatorial name. So we took a vote for the final decision. The collective discussion session was very meaningful. Because it is the moment when ideas collide with sparks among peers.

Reference
Hao Shuang,Sun Yujie,Gang Gang & Xin Xin. (2011). Survey report on the survival of independent curators. Art Market (13), 16-27.