Week 13 Exhibition demolition

Since WHY is a virtual reality exhibition, there is no demolition work only need to delete on the Internet. So in this week’s blog I’ll talk about the marketing part that wasn’t mentioned in the reflection.

In WHY exhibition, the main way I used to promote the virtual reality exhibition was through social media. I publicized the relevant content of WHY on my personal social accounts, such as links. But it didn’t work out so well. As of April 22, the exhibition had only 28 views. (Figure 1) This made me realize that lack of good publicity is one of the reasons for project failure. In addition, I also realized that in the process of social media promotion, the virtual reality exhibition should not just add a link to the exhibition on the poster, because the link is not a particularly convenient way for people to open the exhibition. It is best to attach the two-dimensional code of the exhibition, so that public can open the exhibition quickly. Therefore, in the future curation process, I will choose to use different publicity methods to enhance the attraction of the exhibition before the exhibition starts.Figure 1 WHY exhibition views

The reason why the exhibition is online is because of transportation problems. Since some oil paintings of this time are all in China, I am worried that the artists’ works will be damaged in the process of transportation, so I choose virtual  reality exhibition. As a result, I did not experience some laborious disassembly work in this exhibition. I hope that if I have the opportunity to plan another exhibition, I will choose the physical  exhibition to reflect the links of installation and disassembly.

That is all for this week’s blog, thanks for reading.