week9

First of all, what impressed me most about the study in the gallery was Julie Louise’s suggestion that when selecting works of art, what stories should I tell with the works of art? Then I thought to select details to explain the story and hint at things in other people’s lives. This has inspired me to continue exploring this week how I can use the art I’ve collected so far to tell stories related to my subject. Because, in my opinion, the story line in the exhibition is a very important link. In addition, I noticed that there are some real plants in The Accursed Share exhibition, not plastic plants. Plants are a very colorful part in the space, but relatively it will also cause some trouble for the curator. Although, it is now possible to buy plants from different places all over the world. However, when plants are placed in the exhibition hall, the living environment of plants should be taken into account, such as illumination, temperature, humidity, survival time, growth rate, arrangement mode, etc. The curators also had water to consider. Plants cannot grow without water. If the water in the flower pot spills out during the exhibition, how to quickly treat the ground is a headache. (figure 1)

Figure 1 Photographed at Talbot Rice Gallery

The second part is the floor plan of WHY exhibition. During week 9, I worked on the floor plan. This is because the exhibition was held online, which required me to consider and design a new space. I finalized the floor plan this week.(figure 2)

Figure 2 A floor plan of WHY exhibition

The final part is my role in collective work this week. I made a schedule, then urged everyone to fill in and set a deadline for the final form. In addition, I also raised the issue of space renewal during the group meeting.(figure 3)Obviously, the group work will be easier for me this week. Because I am good at making tasks and releasing information, I am also adaptable to the cooperation of team members in the Schedule&Communication team.

Figure 3  The table published by Jiahui Li on Team

In addition, I uploaded the final Excel to the Planning documents of Curating 2023.(figure 4)

Figure 4 This is a screenshot of the upload

Thanks for reading.