Reflection of Week 7: Three readings and Planning Collective Project

The first part is a reflection on the three readings.

First of all, BUZZCUT is an example from the first course material I selected. I was very interested in the HOTWORKS performance. HOTWORKS (figure 1) by InXestuous Sisters in BUZZCUT website reflects the feminism to some extent. “For Buzzcut, they will perform a post-punk act of personal-cum-communal catharsis. Watch them as they unapologetically air their dirty laundry before they burn down the house. A spring ritual of femme energy renewal – a dance on the ashes of intimacy.” (//BUZZCUT//, n.d.)  The project of InXestuous Sisters is about the trans-feminist attention to sisterhood and lesbian desire, while women are the main characters of my project. In this show, women’s dirty underwear is collected, which I think is a very bold and direct way to express sexuality and lesbianism.

Figure 1:photo credit Eda Sancakdar

The second site I really like is Transmediale. I like the typography and visual effects of this site, such as the use of irregular graphics as a guide sign. (figure 2) It also has a special article on holograms. I think if I needed to build a website for my show, it would be similar in style to transmediale. These irregular shapes and warm colors bring the reader closer to the site, making it more comfortable than cubes and black and white.

Figure2: The screenshot from https://2023.transmediale.de/en

The last link is https://glasgowinternational.org/. That’s because this week I went to see an exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art in Glasgow, and I also saw a project at Glasgow International at the Glasgow Women’s Library. On this website, I saw a lot of exhibitions held in different places in Glasgow and had simple descriptions of the exhibitions, which was a good resource for me to read. At the same time, it also made me realize the importance of website. A good website can make the audience get the information they want more clearly.

The second part is this week’s Planning Collective Project. In the early part of the Seminar, since the theme of my exhibition was feminism and negative emotions, I was assigned to the Emotion/r relationship group according to the theme and filled out my own content in Miro in class. (Figure 3)In the second half of the Seminar, you will be asked to choose the role you want to play in the Collective Project. I choose the Schedule & Communication group, because I think the determination of time is an important part of the cooperation project. In addition, active and effective communication can make the Collective Project progress smoothly and quickly.

Figure 3 Fill in the Miro

That’s all for this  blog, thanks for reading.

Reference list

//BUZZCUT//. (n.d.). INXESTUOUS SISTERS. [online] Available at: https://www.glasgowbuzzcut.co.uk/hotworks-inxestuous-sisters [Accessed 4 Mar. 2023].