Shireen gave her workshop to us and she used newspaper instead of the floor to play hopscotch.

This is My rehearsal and The excellent artworks from Dave and Shireen.

We had the rehearsal the day before the fair at the ECA Cafe. I brought materials for the Red Basho discussion but didn’t plan all the materials and workshop time, which caused the rehearsal to fail, but the lack of preparation also gave me a clearer idea of what my problems were.

The materials I had brought for three people proved to be lacking, so I made an impromptu purchase to the art shop to get another batch of materials. Although it didn’t work out well, it gave me a better overview of the amount of materials I had. At the beginning of the workshop, my nervousness made me feel awkward as I was unable to speak fluently. Luckily, the Red Basho members had heard my workshop numerous times before and they had an understanding of what I was trying to say and gave me a smile and a look that suggested I could continue. This made me realise that I had to be familiar with my episode and the context.

The biggest problem however was the lack of time planning and the workshop took far longer than the required 15 minutes, which was a problem for everyone. So we decided at the end of the day to go home and reschedule, either reducing the length of the instructions or adjusting the content to ensure that the final time was within a reasonable range.

On the way back I visited the art shop for the third time, this time I didn’t hesitate to buy materials and knew exactly what kind of material I needed and in what quantities, which was the reason why I was so thankful to have participated in the rehearsal.

I was still very nervous and anxious after going home and escaping from the workshops coming up tomorrow due to the immense pressure, but there was no point in escaping, so I worked late until 3pm to get the posters made, packed what I needed to bring with me and printed out the emoji and QR codes I needed. The more you prepare, the more confident you become.