Landscape out side the gallery

I really enjoy the landscape in front of the gallery entrance. The lawn and the water work well together and I really like the use of water in this landscape. It becomes a mirror that reflects the sky, adding the sky as an element to the design. The sky, as a constantly changing element, gives the landscape a different feel, the ‘stillness’ of the landscape blending with the ‘movement’ of the changing sky.

Photographers and artists working next to the small lake.

Layout of the garllery

During my visit to the gallery, I paid attention to the spatial divisions and the circulation within the venue. As I have not yet fully confirmed the direction of my project, this may provide me with a reference for the design of the exhibition space at a later stage.

Layout of the gallery. Photograph taken at the entrance of the gallery by Yue Zhu.

Artworks

Some of the artworks I photographed in the gallery. I agree with the idea that “art is not to be understood, it is to be felt”. During this visit, I stopped being overly concerned with the message and identity of the artist, but to focus more on the matter of feeling the work. The works I photographed were the ones that gave me great inner feeling, they may be bright and cheerful, or perhaps magnificent.

Some sketches from artist & some products from the gift shop

Spatial and art

This piece was so unusual that I didn’t even notice it at first, it was in a corner and consisted of only two different coloured lines. I stood in front of this work for a long time, and after observing it for a while, I felt the cleverness of this work, which makes full use of light and shadow to create a three-dimensional visual space, where you see the light and shadow from different angles and the shapes formed by the work are different.