In my latest two posts, I focused on the UN’s efforts to improve the protection of minority languages in recent years, although they are more concerned with the preservation and storage of endangered languages, such as the UNESCO’s World Atlas of Languages project.

Another option is to use the minority languages as the main language of basic education in some areas. This is not in line with my original vision. Because in many parts of China, indigenous language schools already exist. Although this kind of school can create a relatively complete indigenous language environment, it is slightly lacking in the popularization of the common language (Mandarin). And these schools are limited in size and enrollment, so there is no way to cover all minorities well.

Therefore, I still insist on my idea to set up new language subjects in the basic education of primary or junior high schools in minority areas to complete the preservation and protection of indigenous languages.

But I still have a lot of confusion about this goal and direction, and I need more time to clarify my thoughts and ideas…

Idea-2.6(musing2) / 观云望雨 by is licensed under a