Press "Enter" to skip to content

No Newer Posts of The Toilet Books of the Nightstand

The poster read:

It sounded alright, and I guess I wasn’t as mobile as I once was, and I needed to find new ways to make money … so I signed up. (Are we not all teachers in some way?) Then I just forgot all about it. Meanwhile: insomnia, anxiety, tremor, and excessive sweating…

A few months later I get a message: “TBotN: Book overdue.” I quickly reply: “Mesmerising visualisation and inspiring request to reclaim the Nightstand. Fill out this form.” A few seconds pass… “TBotN: you forgot to attach the form.” I attach the form and resend adding: “I will explain how it all works in more detail when you’re here.” In hindsight, this was the beginning of our direct messaging history…

Craving negligible. I check again. The form is filled in. It takes me over a week to figure out what it says, but then I just give up.

17:30 Discussion:

This made me imagine sitting down on the toilet with a gripping, entertaining book in hand. It really could be about anything from fiction to self-help to motivational quotes. The point is to make the experience of using the toilet a little more pleasant for those who have restricted mobility.

Now, I know some of you might be thinking, “Why would I need a book in the toilet when I have my phone?” But let’s be honest, reading from a phone can be pretty cumbersome and may not be easy for everyone, especially those with visual impairments. Plus, there is something about holding a physical book that just can’t be replaced by electronic devices.

For those who love reading, a Toilet Book would be a great way to get some reading done while going about their business in the bathroom. Imagine being able to catch up on the latest bestseller or finally cracking open that classic you always wanted to read, all while sitting on the loo.

Furthermore, writing a Toilet Book could be a great way for aspiring or experienced authors to expand their readership. It’s a niche market that hasn’t been fully explored yet, but there is definitely a demand for it. There are people out there who would love to read and support authors who write specifically for the Toilet Book market.

So, what kind of book should you write? The sky is the limit! It could be a collection of funny stories, a guide on how to make the most of your time on the toilet, or even erotic fiction if that’s your style. Just make sure to keep in mind the audience you are writing for.

In conclusion, Toilet Books for people with restricted mobility are an inspiring way to make the bathroom experience more enjoyable. Whether you love to read or are an author looking for a new niche, the Toilet Book market is waiting for you! So, why not give it a try and see what kind of stories you can come up with?

17:36 Discussion:

This poem really resonated with me about something that we all experience at some point in our lives – craving for something. Be it a delicious food or a new gadget we’ve been eyeing, cravings are a natural part of human life.

But have you ever stopped to think about how much control these cravings have over us? A sudden urge to buy something, to eat something, or to do something can sometimes lead to impulsive decisions that we might regret later.

For me, the biggest hurdle in overcoming my cravings has been learning the art of delaying gratification. It’s tough, but it’s the only way to ensure that we’re making rational decisions instead of giving in to fleeting desires.

I’ll never forget a particular incident that happened to me last week. I was browsing through an online store and came across a pair of shoes that I had been lusting over for weeks. But deep down, I knew that I didn’t really need them. I hesitated, closed my laptop, and decided to check again later.

A few days went by, and surprisingly, I found that my craving had reduced. The form was already filled in, but I couldn’t bring myself to click purchase. It wasn’t until a week later that I finally made the decision to buy those shoes.

Looking back, I feel grateful for giving myself that time to think things through. It allowed me to not only save money but also avoid making an impulsive decision that I would have regretted in the future.

In a world where we’re constantly bombarded with advertisements and information that’s designed to make us develop new desires, it’s important to be mindful of our cravings. We must recognize that they’re only temporary and not let them dictate our actions.

So, my advice to you all is to take a step back the next time you’re hit with a sudden urge to buy something or eat something. Ask yourself if it’s something you really need or if you’re acting solely on impulse. Take your time, delay your gratification, and make a rational decision. Trust me; it’ll be worth it in the end.

I hope this poem resonated with you guys and helped you become more mindful of how you tackle your cravings.

17:49 Discussion:

The poem is referring to a particular form the author received after applying for a new credit card, the application process had been swift, and they were excited to receive a credit line. However, when the form arrived, it was a different story. The document was a maze of jargon, checkboxes, and legal terms that they had never seen before. They were overwhelmed and had no idea where to start.

The first section of the form asked for personal details. Sounds easy, right? Wrong! There were abbreviations that didn’t make sense, and the layout was confusing. Nonetheless, the author persevered, re-reading every instruction multiple times until they fully understood what was required.Next was the section on income, and this section was a bit simpler. The author had all their documents ready, and after filling in the details, just moved on. But then came the part asking for a credit report. It probably dawned on them that they had never ordered a credit report before, and simply had no idea where to start.

The author spent a good two days researching credit reports, and how to order one. Eventually, they figured it out and got the report. But when they went back to the form, they noticed that the credit report required had to come from a specific credit bureau, and theirs was from a different one!

Days went by, and they persisted with filling the form, one section at a time. It was mentally exhausting, and they really didn’t want to make any mistakes. They could have done some research on the legal terms and concepts mentioned in the document, and eventually, they would have understood it all. But they didn’t. In conclusion, filling forms can be a daunting task, but it’s not something we all have to do. Poets just can’t be bothered with all the hassle. Why should they? They need to focus on writing toilet books.