Press "Enter" to skip to content

Round Table

…the thing was just gone. So he doesn’t come in for about a week. Nothing happened and all he said was he wasn’t riding his bike enough. So when I was next picking some cables I was all ‘are these real cables?’ Midnight sun, midnight sun cables – they were midnight sun, any-well. I had a conversation with Some Guy all about how we did not know what was in the newspapers that morning and didn’t know who our friends were and didn’t know what we owed anybody and didn’t know where anybody goes to when you aren’t with them or watching them or wondering about their potential future. It made me feel this sort of structural responsibility, like a heavy weight was pressing down on me that’s very physical whereas Some Guy experienced it differently.

For Some Guy it reminded him of this time when he and a fellow prospector – Frank Car I think – found a mummy in a cave in the mountains next to where they drove their dirt bikes. Portions of the remains were likely mummified by the humid climate – or the mummy maybe just died and was buried in its own seed. The music they were into, it was just messing with them, and Some Guy sees this creature, and his transistor radio, his radio is just crawling, and just like literally crawling… in real time. But when he took photographs of the mummy, and they were x-rayed, they revealed that the mummy had vanished sometime around 1950 never to be seen again.

Now, I’m not sure if that’s an example of synchronicity so I made the first two volumes of this atlas as a way of talking more about a conversation around how Some Guy felt and kind of how I think you’re kind of speaking. [oh yeah, we got babysitters for you guys] It’s then I realise…. I’m really creating a space that enables, like, a sort of society, the sort of society that can really get more readers for the newspaper… and I started to cuddle myself mentally just so I could think ‘what it’s like to be a person’. It’s about being a person, like, really being: wow, look at this splash chilled HD maker, this is good, this Is as Good as It Gets!

The thing about my generation is that we are not doing this stuff because we are trying to be of interest to others and also, you know, as a way of understanding our responsibility, it’s more, and I hate this phrase but, it’s less “I need portable refrigerator with peanut butter”, but more “you can buy peanut butter or you can make it yourself”. It’s like where do you see yourself: are you inside this refrigerator or you outside the refrigerator looking in, or are you, you know, making your own peanut butter? I generally think this is pretty accurate, but then this is what you bring, it is for what you are and you are for what you might be. Isn’t this the price of creative incubation? I want to know what you have to say about this.