- The Reid School of Music
- Reid Concerts Page documenting the history of the Reid Concerts since 1841, created by Dr Fiona Donaldson from her doctoral research.
- St. Cecilia’s Hall Home to the University’s Musical Instrument Collection, and one of the oldest purpose-built concert halls in the world
- Mapping Edinburgh’s Social History Project based at the School of History, Classics and Archaeology
Local history links and resources
- Our Town Stories: Edinburgh from Edinburgh Libraries, links images and other material onto a city map. Searches can be limited to a specific time period.
These Ordnance Survey maps, now available in zoomable versions via the National Library of Scotland, were based on surveys done in the 1850s, just a decade after our featured year.
- Ordnance Survey sheet 32, Edinburgh, one inch to the mile
- Ordnance Survey sheet 32, Edinburgh, six inches to the mile