What support(s) would you value in the short- and long-term – and why?

I would like to see the continuation of a blended approach to art funding in the coming months and years. In fact I don’t think there is that much wrong with the current structure.  Creative Scotland do a  good job, encouraging a diverse range of applications  from organisations to individuals to communities. What I do think is needed now is effective lobbying group for the work of the cultural sector directed toward our senior politicians. As this would be an easy time to push through cuts in the culture budget I think that what is needed now are robust advocates who can educate our leaders and persuade them not only to not slash funding but increase it, with the aim of supporting projects that develop excellence and participation in the arts.

Beyond this the Arts can have a catalytic effect on the economy as well as helping us to reconnect and redefine our collective experience as a society,  reflecting on what we have been through and what we want to become.