Hiring: Programming Languages Researcher/Senior Researcher
About Huawei Research and Development UK Limited
Huawei’s vision is to enhance the lives of humanity and improve the environment by building a fully connected and intelligent world. Huawei has the largest R&D organisation in the world with 80,000 employees in research centres around the globe. In the UK, we already have design centres in Cambridge, Bristol, Ipswich, London and Edinburgh. With a further £3 billion of investment committed to the UK over the next 5 years we invite you to join us and drive your career forward.
To work as part of a Huawei Compilers and Programming Languages team, to perform cutting-edge research and engineering on Programming languages, and on heterogeneous computing for AI in Huawei Edinburgh Research Centre, and to support the cooperation with the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh.
- Discover and analyse key technologies and requirements, building the competence of Huawei heterogeneous computing solutions for AI and HPC.
- Design and develop new advanced compiler frameworks for concurrency and control, automatic differentiation, dataflow, massively parallel, and probabilistic execution.
- Explore new AI and HPC programming frameworks/languages for Huawei/Huawei devices.
- Cooperate with the Informatics School of the University of Edinburgh in the Compilers and Programming Languages area, particularly in knowledge transfer from academic research to industrial applications.
List details of Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications needed to do the job:
- Research/engineering experience in Programming Languages and Compilers
- Publication record in world-class computer science academic conferences/journals
- Excellent programming, research and analytic skills
- Familiarity with functional programming, concepts and techniques
- Familiarity with parallel and heterogeneous computation
- Ability to pick up and develop new technologies
- PhD or excellent BSc/MSc/MSci
- Major in computer science
- Knowledge (i.e., theory, applications, compilation, verification, tooling) of the Rust programming language
- Programming languages/framework design
- Mathematical foundations of programming (logics, types, semantics)
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, and/or data science
- Demonstrated open-source projects
What we offer
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes
- 24 days annual leave per annum, pro rata, plus 9 public holidays
- Opportunity for training and development
- Competitive Group Personal Pension Scheme and life cover (subject to age and earnings)
- Private medical insurance and Medical Expense Claim Scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Huawei sports club
- Huawei Inspired Rewards (employee discount site)
To apply or inquire for further details, please send a CV to Olive firstname.lastname@example.org
Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please see: https://www.huawei.com/en/privacy-policy
Comments are closed
Comments to this thread have been closed by the post author or by an administrator.