East Asia on the Move: Shifting Dynamics
Early Career Researchers and Graduate Students Conference 2021
The Scottish Centre for Korean Studies at the University of Edinburgh welcomes proposals for papers for the Early Career Researchers and Graduate Students Conference on East Asia. The conference will be held via Zoom webinar on the 2nd and 3rd of September 2021.
We are delighted to present the theme East Asia on the Move: Shifting Dynamics for our conference. In the past two centuries, East Asia has experienced significant economic, social and political changes. Against such profound geo-cultural, geo-economic and geopolitical shifts, the conference aims to shed light on these epoch-making changes and their impacts on East Asian societies through the interdisciplinary lens.
We welcome submissions based on, but not limited to, any of the below topics:
- East Asia technology, information and digital innovation
- Social movements and the state
- The new order: relations between and among East Asian countries and others
- East Asian pop culture: transcultural and transnational phenomenon
- History, memory, politics and society
- Inclusive research practice on education, language and health
Who can apply?
PhD students, Postdocs, Independent Scholars and early career academics in any academic discipline who are undertaking research relating to East Asia.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit a 250-word abstract to email@example.com by the 30th of April 2021.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. This website will also be updated with details of how to register to attend, speakers and presentations.