Group 1 – Sound Effects

In the initial stages of my project, I consulted with my teacher on how to simulate the sound of a flower opening. My teacher suggested using objects such as unfolded paper to create the sound. However, I found that using a full sheet of tissue paper produced too much noise. Instead, cutting the tissue paper into small pieces, roughly one square centimeter in size, resulted in a purer sound. Additionally, unfolding objects such as tissue paper can produce a lot of noise. To address this, I used small pieces of tissue paper and mimicked the motion of gently stroking the flower petals to create a more delicate sound. Throughout the process, I kept in mind the need to convey a sense of gentleness and delicacy in the sound.

Another approach I took was to use a porous sponge cloth to create a sound effect for one of the flowers. This worked well as the texture of the sponge matched the porous texture of the flower petals. During playback, the sound was transmitted via Bluetooth headphones connected to a nearby tree-shaped audio station. This allowed visitors to experience the delicate sounds of the flowers without interfering with the music playing throughout the exhibition space.