Installation Inspirations

I’ve been doing research on digital art installations, some are completely virtual reality installations, while others are mixed reality and done with projection mapping. I’m also including links and images to refer back to so I can take a look at them for future reference, but also for bookmarking  purposes.

Artificial Nature is a digital art installation and series that I’ve been looking at for inspiration pretty frequently. There are several different projects done by Haru Ji, and Graham Wakefield in this series that are incredibly interesting and could be useful to examine in the future. I think my favorite one is Endless Current.

https://artificialnature.net/#tab-home

undefined undefined

The HVBRD is an audio-visual installation done by students in the Université du Québec à Montréal where they created an experience where players only goal is to cruise through a barren retro-wave landscape. The students connected a WiiFit board and customized it to move like a skateboard so players can go as fast or as slow as they want to in the experience. I really appreciated the concept behind this experience. It’s not really a video game, there’s no main goal or purpose but the player is in complete control of the experience as they cruise.

I’ve also found a website the contains entire archive of projection mapping installations,  inspirations and software that we can use or that I can potentially use in the future for personal projects.