I was thinking about how to put a multi-sensory theme into so many locations and what the basis of their choice should be.

The initial idea was based on international students in mind, as my own clientele is also based on international students who feel lonely abroad and miss their home countries. So the initial idea was to categorize themes based on countries or continents and then categorize them according to the cultural characteristics of the country or continent. But in fact, the culture and folklore of even neighboring countries or regions can be very different, and given that everyone’s culture and memories of their home country are different, the country was not chosen as the theme for classification in the end.

So, on the advice of my teacher, I settled on the classification of the theme in terms of the way the customer interacts with the space, i.e. the division of sensory forms. By analyzing the suitability of the surroundings, the PCB was given different ‘sensory’ themes, ranging from single-sensory to multi-sensory collaboration.