Ke's Blog on Education Futures

Who is Ke?

Hello! This question is very much like an obscure philosophical proposition. “Who I am” can be a deep thinking when I enquire about myself. But when I introduce myself to you who read my blog, maybe I need to provide some labels. Of course all of these labels can’t reflect a complete picture of mine, but that’s okay, we need them!

1. ethnic minority

This is a point I emphasise many times, because it not only shows where I came from, but also where I’m going back to. I’m a lucky girl, every step of my journey from hometown to Edinburgh was accompanied by a lot of educational input and support from my parents. I sometimes connect with old friends who are less fortunate and realise that under an unequal social system, the educational experiences of children in the same place can be a world apart. These children have become victims in a time of dramatic change, and that’s I want to change.

2. education + exploration

I guess this could be my second tag. There’s an old Chinese saying that translates to mean that a well-educated person knows how to bring good education to others. I think that’s why I’m here. I am interested in many aspects of education, such as equity in education, resources allocation, education assessment and so on. But I found an interesting point in my reading this week that push me to think about whether “training AI” is also a way of presenting education? Part of a student’s growth in morality comes from formal education, and the development of these latent abilities is just as invisible as the AI algorithms. We often don’t notice the problems until after the AI outputs the results or the child commit a crime. This is very interesting, and as the book enquires, how can we avoid this outcome in advance?

I hope my first blog entertained you and you can remember me and my thinking through these rather simple tags. My fellows, it will be great to see you here more often in the coming year!

PS. enjoy the picture of rainbow in Edingurgh

Who is Ke? / 观云望雨 by is licensed under a
»