From 28 October, the University is transforming our HR and finance services and giving everyone a simple, online system for the tasks we need to get done day to day, like recruiting staff or booking holiday.
This short video shares a quick overview of what you can expect from the new system.
People and Money will replace multiple outdated systems with streamlined processes backed up by a single, smart system accessible through MyEd.
Hundreds of people across the University have been involved in designing, testing and shaping our new services and system, so it makes life easier for everyone.
This kicks off with the launch of transformed HR services in October which mean you’ll be able to:
- View and directly amend your personal details, like your address, in People and Money
- See and request all your annual leave through the system – and if you’re a line manager, approve or decline requests from email and get a clear view of absences across your team
- Apply for and recruit to roles through the system, with handy checklists and automatic prompts
- Cut admin with a refreshed approvals process, fully automated by the system
- Access a new searchable, up-to-date staff directory, giving you another way to find and contact colleagues across the University
Payroll will follow in February 2021 and finance and staff development in April 2021.
What guidance is available?
The People and Money system is simple and intuitive to use. It includes things like built-in checklists and automatic email prompts to help you complete tasks smoothly.
There’s lots of support when you need it. You’ll be able to:
- Search My Knowledge – a bank of in-system guidance – for answers to common HR queries
- Contact a new, dedicated HR Helpline through the system for dedicated support
- Contact your ‘local guide’ – around 150 people across each part of the University who can provide coaching and signpost to support. We’re currently briefing the guides and will share their details closer to launch.
- For school and department admin staff and hiring managers, attend dedicated learning sessions from mid-October up to and beyond launch. Recordings of these sessions will be made available on Learn.
How do I access the People and Money system?
You’ll access the system via MyEd. Once you’re signed in, it will appear in the menu of options on the MyEd home page. Clicking on the People and Money link will take you straight to the home page in the system, customised to you and your role.
Take a tour
Visit the people and money sharepoint to watch video demos of everyday tasks in the system, or:
- View handy guides to the key changes
- Sign up for news
- Read answers to common questions or ask your own
Gavin McLachlan, Chief Information Officer and People and Money sponsor, said:
“It’s a challenging time right now. Delivering our new HR and finance processes – supported by a smart new online system for day-to-day tasks – is one of the ways we’re aiming to make everyday jobs like booking leave or recruiting staff more straightforward.
“Take a look at the video demos or read our handy guides – enjoy your first taste of the People and Money system!”
Visit edin.ac/peopleandmoney to find out more.