I started with an aim of recreating my sound map without the map into a collage, I was influenced by Wassily Kandinsky who used sounds an external influences to produce his art.Kandinsky made famous his belief that abstract colors and forms can be used to express the “inner life” of the artist.
Composition 8 (Komposition 8), July 1923

Here I started with the Pink tissue in the back which represents the constant noise of voices, my coat shuffling and the buzz of traffic.

I added some more textured material which represents the music that was infrequent but at times very loud. The top cluster of triangles are the seagulls  and the clustered big rectangles are sirens.
I added wind to the piece in long blue strips which split off at the ends, smaller triangle shapes was the sound of the cobbles due to car wheels and footsteps. The scattered circle shapes are the voices when I could hear specific individuals talking and what they were saying.
I ended up with more of a snapshot in time of the 20minute walk I recorded sounds in with a mixture of materials all layered. However, I am not happy with how this turned out and I would like to try a painting style and possibly go out to record more sounds. I like the way I have ended up with shapes for the sounds, and their size correlating to loudness, I would like to develop this but in a different format.