Refined frames/storyboard from week 6

Scores created using techniques by Nancy Pero and Anna Teresa de Keesmaeker

I created a storyboard about a butterfly – kallima. I was thinking about its growth and movement, how it changed its shape and motions. By using brushstrokes I wanted to show its ability to blend in, look like its surroundings. I used different artists’ techniques to convey that in my storyboard. Black lines I did with ink, show the movement and growth of kallima. This story is a loop, a never ending circle of life. We all start off from being nothing, learn how to move and act, survive, protect ourselves and then slowly disappear, turn into nothing. Just like it all started.

After some feedback from my tutors  I updated my storyboard. I got rid of some unnecessary elements (photos of leaves and butterflies) and decided to leave it as more abstract. I rearranged some of the elements and tried to leave successful elements as they were. I did not want the brushstrokes to overpower the foreground, so I altered some of them in photoshop (distorted them and erased some elements). I tried to make it look less busy.

My previous experiments (storyboard)