( Image by Dream ai,Dream by WOMBO)

My project aims to create a comfortable and inclusive space for people. I have been working on design ideas that adapt to the original building. Red victorian stone gives off a warm industrial feeling. I won’t include that in my design instead of trying to cover it up. I used AI software to test a few ideas, brick walls with wooden floors, soft materials, metal structures, and graffiti.  I want to create a warm, inclusive, and calming space for the users by using a different scale of white and brown colors calm color palette, to establish a warm interior space where people can feel at home.

( Image from Pinterest )

Second idea :

I am also considering painting the brick wall white and using comic graffiti murals on all the brick walls of the sports areas to connect them all. As if they are also part of the story as well. These walls can be used for local graffiti artists to present their work related to mental health problems. Image or text, tapestry. Words have the power to influence individuals; using words or text in the space, It can establish a sincere environment and direct people to open up to each other. Turn the surface of the building into exhibition walls.

( Image by Dream ai Dream by WOMBO)

Then I consider using different color ramps and paints for the wall to create a more colorful and vibrant space. Using color can make the area less intimidating and encourage users’ engagement with the room.

Inspired by the skate park designed by Yinka llori, she applied her unique color design strategies to the skatepark. Bright colors with pastel hues add characters to the space and also convert the space into a more friendly, creative, and engaging space for beginners.

( image from Dezeen Magazine Yinka Ilori creates “joy and excitement” with colourful skate park in Lille (dezeen.com))