Above, is a small collection of postcards that I have collected from various art galleries over the years. I wanted to work from these as I believe they provide a range of colour dynamics and subject matter. I have arranged them on my wall so I see what elements stand out to me.  This collection involves artwork by, Warhol, Monet and Tim walker.

On from this I created colour palettes based off each artist and discovered how there was an eclectic range of tones. From a bright warm pink and golden yellow hue in juxtaposition with the earthy tones.

For this project, I wanted to concentrate on why I use postcards, where I would get them from and who they would be available to. By looking at my own collection I can gain a clearer idea of their purpose as a work of art.

Below, I have attached the colour samples from my collection, I really like the array of work as they show a broad range of painting and photography which depicts landscapes, portraits and text posts. I hope to use these further with my work.