image_pdfimage_print

1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 I felt that I wanted to move on from glasses and was missing painting also.

2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 I started looking at images of eye disease and Covid as seen through a microscope.  I found these images quite compelling

3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0

4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0 I then started looking at the work of Klari Reis who works with resin and alcohol ink to create captivating works of art.

5 Leave a comment on paragraph 5 0

6 Leave a comment on paragraph 6 0 I got out my own paints and inks and started playing with colour

7 Leave a comment on paragraph 7 0

8 Leave a comment on paragraph 8 0 Recalling my burning lens from my glasses experiments I wanted to incorporate some of these test pieces into a new work.

9 Leave a comment on paragraph 9 0 With that in mind I took an old painting that I didn’t like much and covered it in bitumen.  The bitumen brought to mind the works of Derek Jarmen

10 Leave a comment on paragraph 10 0

11 Leave a comment on paragraph 11 0 With this in mind here is what I did

12 Leave a comment on paragraph 12 0

13 Leave a comment on paragraph 13 0 I was trying to create eyes or windows in the canvass behind which you can see images reminiscent of microscopic art.

14 Leave a comment on paragraph 14 0