Image by Dzaui

In week 7 we did some machine embroidery and learned more about CAD embroidery. I had never done machine embroidery before, so I was quite excited to try it out. I ended up making a sample for my personal project which you can see in the post: Personal Project: Sampling 1.

Image by Dzaui

After doing some machine embroidery we got to see how the CAD machine works. It is basically a machine that does all the stitching for you! Sounds like a miracle. And it is! You have to make a document in which you put your design. You have to have selected each part of your design and attached the stitch and colour that you want to be used.

Image by Dzaui

In the picture on the left, you can see a sample of some CAD embroidery. You can clearly see that different stitches and colours were used.

I thought it was very cool that a machine could do the embroidering for you, so I was definitely planning on using it in my personal project. I planned to use it for the Virgen de Guadalupe handkerchief, and had made an appointment, but unfortunately before we could use the CAD embroidery machine we all went into lockdown due to COVID-19. So the CAD embroidery machine has to wait for a while.