Centre for Homelessness and Inclusion Health

It’s time to put the spotlight on our second School Centre: the Centre for Homelessness and Inclusion Health! Did you always wonder about the centre’s journey, initiatives and inspiring work? Read this interview with Dr. Fiona Cuthill, the Academic Director for the Centre for Homeless and Inclusion Health, to learn all about it …

International Day of Happiness: when hope is needed the most!

This Saturday, on March 20th, we are celebrating the ‘International Day of Happiness’. I have to be honest, it feels strange to write about happiness amongst so much confinement and grief that COVID-19 has brought into all of our lives. I believe that is important to acknowledge those who suffered, …

How to Be a Savvy Scholar

The way that we find and consume information is constantly changing – from traditional (such as watching television) through online searches (think of Google) to digital (mobile apps). These changes are also having some significant effects on research, as well as everywhere else. Traditionally, researchers disseminate their work by attending …

To Create Your Own Oasis- Plantings, Mental Health and Well-being

There is no doubt that people like to live and work in civilized, comfortable and pleasant surroundings like bright and airy rooms, colourful walls, a few pots of plants by the windows. But very few people know that growing plants with our own hands can also have various benefits on our mental health and well-being.   There are two main types of planting – house planting and community gardening. House planting refers …

Is it Okay to Have a Bad Day? A Docu-Music Video

On a cold February afternoon, I posted a special invitation on a Facebook group in Edinburgh called ‘The Meadows Share’. I asked if anyone would be willing to share  any advice for themselves when they are having a bad day. My goal was to create a short film that reaches people, so I figured it would be great to feature as …