Informatics Personal Tutor Guide

Informatics Personal Tutor Guide

A quick guide to Personal Tutor information for Informatics staff

Transfers between Informatics degrees

Students who wish to transfer between degree programmes within Informatics will often contact their Personal Tutor to request this.

Permission for all transfers to an Informatics degree is required from the School Curriculum Approval Officer (SCAO), and can be sought by emailing the Student Support Team (, including the student’s name and UUN in the Subject header), who will contact the SCAO directly.

Students should meet the course requirements for the new degree (check the relevant Degree Programme Table) or have a permissible substitute.

Do not make the transfer in EUCLID yourself. If a degree transfer has been approved, the SCAO will inform the SST, who will make the change in EUCLID and add any concessions that may be required. This applies to all degree programme changes.

Please note that no MSc degree programme transfers will be permissible in the 2019/20 academic year.

Changing to and from the MInf 5 year degree programme is a common request for undergraduate students. If they are in Honours years, students should consult with their Honours Project supervisor if this is a possibility and their course registration will need to be changed accordingly. There is also a higher average hurdle required from 3rd to 4th year on this degree programme.

If a student wishes to transfer to a different school outside of Informatics, it is their responsibility to organise this transfer. This is usually organised via the other school’s Teaching Organisation or Student Support Team.

If a student wishes to transfer into a different University, they should contact the Admissions Department of that institution.


Helpful links:

Informatics Personal Tutoring – Programme Changes (scroll two thirds down the page)

Informatics Student Support Team – Transfers

2019/20 Informatics Degree Programme Tables

Keyword search:

programme change


Report this page

To report inappropriate content on this page, please use the form below. Upon receiving your report, we will be in touch as per the Take Down Policy of the service.

Please note that personal data collected through this form is used and stored for the purposes of processing this report and communication with you.

If you are unable to report a concern about content via this form please contact the Service Owner.

Please enter an email address you wish to be contacted on. Please describe the unacceptable content in sufficient detail to allow us to locate it, and why you consider it to be unacceptable.
By submitting this report, you accept that it is accurate and that fraudulent or nuisance complaints may result in action by the University.