Informatics Personal Tutor Guide

Informatics Personal Tutor Guide

A quick guide to Personal Tutor information for Informatics staff


Concessions are required if a tutee wishes to take a course which is non-standard for their degree programme. They need to be sought via the School Curriculum Approval Officer (SCAO), Stephen Gilmore. You can send a request by emailing or using the concession request form linked below.  Using the concession request form is the preferred means of communication because this also informs the Student Support Team (SST) of the request.

Some examples of when a student might require a concession are:

  • Course registrations not fitting a student’s Degree Programme Table
  • Taking courses without the required pre-requisites
  • Taking courses outwith the normal year required
  • Taking additional courses in Honours and MSc Year

If a concession is approved, the non-standard course registration can then go ahead. The SCAO will update the Student Support Team and they will add this to the student’s EUCLID record.


Helpful links:

Concession Request Form

Informatics Personal Tutoring – Concessions

Keyword search:

prerequisite, courses taken outside of normal year


Report this page

To report inappropriate content on this page, please use the form below. Upon receiving your report, we will be in touch as per the Take Down Policy of the service.

Please note that personal data collected through this form is used and stored for the purposes of processing this report and communication with you.

If you are unable to report a concern about content via this form please contact the Service Owner.

Please enter an email address you wish to be contacted on. Please describe the unacceptable content in sufficient detail to allow us to locate it, and why you consider it to be unacceptable.
By submitting this report, you accept that it is accurate and that fraudulent or nuisance complaints may result in action by the University.