Are you looking to brush up on your digital skills? Or perhaps you require your students to be familiar with a particular software package before they start your class? If so, Lynda.com is here to help.
Lynda.com is an online skills development service offering an extensive library of high quality video courses in digital, technology, creative and business skills. And the University recently procured a three-year campus-wide licence for use by staff and students.
If you haven’t already done so, I would strongly recommend you head on over to the University’s support material where you can find out
- more information on this vast library of video courses
- how to create an account
- how to create your own playlists
- how to create playlists for your students.
If you’re interested in incorporating Lynda.com videos and / or courses into your teaching, this video by Jules Rawlinson may be of interest:
– Lynda.com also has a very nice integration feature with LinkedIn. Complete a course and you earn a digital badge which can be seamlessly added to your LinkedIn profile.
– Here is a nice blog post by a course author, explaining how he flew out to CA to record his Lynda.com course (#lifegoals).
Get in touch