Now that our University’s new HR services, supported and enabled by the People and Money system, are now live, make sure you take time to go in and explore the system.
As a reminder, all of us can now log in via MyEd to complete everyday HR tasks like requesting or approving leave, recruiting to new roles, gaining approvals for job changes or amending our personal details.
To log in, click the button below and choose ‘Company single sign-on’. This will take you to the University’s login page where you can sign in to access the People and Money homepage.
You can also access People and Money by navigating to ‘My Information’ or ‘Staff Resources’ within MyEd.
A change on this scale will always take a bit of time to get used to. Please read on for some top tips to help you get up to speed and used to our new ways of working:
- Log in and access online support. Search My Knowledge – a bank of in-system guidance – for answers to common HR queries including links to policies, FAQs, user guides and videos. To access My Knowledge, log in to the system and click on ‘Help Desk’.
- Get dedicated support if you need it. Contact your new HR Helpline team, who are now live and ready to provide you with dedicated support. Again, you need to log in to the system to access this through ‘Help Desk’ along the top menu. Choose ‘Service Request’ to contact the HR Helpline team with your query.
- Speak to a friendly face. Like everyone else, local guides will be getting used to the system in the weeks after it goes live, but please speak to yours if you need help accessing the available support.
- Check for local updates. Some areas are transitioning to these changes in slightly different ways. Please check for information from your local School or department management team on how they are supporting people in your area with using the new system.
- Update your annual leave balances. HR contacted Schools and departments earlier this year and asked them to provide details of outstanding annual leave balances (in hours) for staff in their teams. This snapshot was taken at 31 August. That means any leave approved up to 31 August, regardless of when it falls during the year, has been added into the system. This includes the Christmas closure dates (24, 25 and 28 Dec) but not the extra respite days (21, 22 and 23 Dec). Because these are respite days, you can cancel any annual leave you had booked on those days and use it another time. There are some exceptions and points of detail on this which you can find in the University’s Covid-19 FAQs. Any leave submitted for approval or taken since 31 August will need to be re-approved through People and Money. If your School or department were unable to provide an annual leave balance, then your full entitlement will show in the system and you may need to retrospectively add your leave. Please get in touch with your local School or department admin team for guidance on this first of all, as local areas are supporting people with using the new system in different ways. For colleagues who previously used WHO’s Off, your local School or Department Administrator will also be able to confirm how your migrated balance was determined.
- Some things aren’t changing. Please keep using the old HR system to access payslips and register sickness absence. These, and processes linked to payroll as a whole, will go live in People and Money in February 2021. New processes for finance and staff development will follow in April 2021.